INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND BERKSHIRE EAST
Catamount Mountain Resort Covid-19 Prevention Statement
COVID-19 and the risk of viral contamination have fundamentally changed the recreation industry and we have been planning accordingly. As we start looking beyond the immediate crisis, it’s clear people are yearning for human connection and a return to the activities they love. We believe that we can satisfy that need for connection and recreation while maintaining a healthy distance from each other. In order to achieve that balance, it’s important to have a clear set of principles, guided by core values. These include:
- Our commitment to our team members safety
- Provide an experience that brings people together in healthy ways
- Commit to doing the right thing
We have done our best to stay true to these principles. Here is our plan for the next few months:
- Private tours for Guided Tours-- Whether you’re traveling as a couple, with the kids, or as friends, most guided tours will be private. While we are grateful for the opportunity to meet friends from all over the world we will do so from a healthy distance.
- Reduced trip sizes with multiple launch times-- You have the convenience of choosing what time works best for your friends and family and the luxury of smaller, more intimate experiences.
- A focus on hygiene-- Hand washing, strict cleaning and disinfecting measures of common areas such as bathrooms, vehicles, and equipment, and limiting the number of people gathered in outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Refund policy—We offer cancellation insurance so you can book risk-free and cancel up to 24 hours before your trip date. For folks without insurance, we are offering two options for this year, as long as we are informed 2 days or more in advance of your trip: You can choose to rebook to another date or receive a gift card in the total amount you paid. Gift cards never expire and can be used to book online.
- Travel to Massachusetts— All guests visiting outside of MA, CT, VT, NH, ME, PA, NJ and NY are required to self quarantine for 14 days.
A focus on our team’s well being:
- Each team member will be asked to wear a mask at all times when engaging with customers
- Every day, before work, employees will fill out health declaration questionnaire regarding Covid-19 symptoms and potential recent close contact with confirmed case of coronavirus:
A focus on our guests’ well being:
- At the time of booking any tour, all participants will receive an automatic email that provides important explanations of inherent risks related to COVID-19 and will also include a link to sign an online waiver to facilitate a touch-free registration
Upon ticketing and check-in:
- Each Catamount Employee will wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- A touch-free check-in process when possible.
- Online bookings and waivers are strongly encouraged
Guidelines For Activities and Tours
- Guided tours will be reduced in size and limited to household units when distancing isn’t possible.
- Multiple staggered launch times to assist with social distance guidelines
- Staff will wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Lift chair limited to one person or household units.
- Every person has assigned equipment for rentals or tours
- The spacing of guests according to current social distancing guidelines
Restroom and changing facilities:
- Control traffic patterns and limit capacity to maintain social distancing guidelines
- All surfaces cleaned and disinfected in accordance with Massachusetts Department of Health (MDH) and CDC guidelines
- Zip Line and Aerial Adventure gear will be either sanitized or quarantined 72 hours before use.